This documentation is a work in progress and a collective task.
Read about how you can help improving Tails documentation.
- Why do you need anonymity?
- System requirements
- Features and included software
- Can I hide the fact that I am using Tails?
- Trusting Tails
- First time user?
- Download the ISO image
- Verify the ISO image
- Stay tuned
First steps with Tails
- Choosing between burning a DVD and installing onto a USB stick or SD card
- Burning a DVD
- Installing onto a USB stick or SD card (recommended)
- Upgrading a Tails USB stick or SD card
- Start Tails
- Startup options
- Introduction to GNOME and the Tails desktop
- Report an error
- Shutting down Tails
Connect to the Internet anonymously
- Networking with NetworkManager
- Logging in to captive portals
- Controlling Tor with Vidalia
- Browsing the web with Tor Browser
- Chatting with Pidgin & OTR
- Using I2P
- Why Tor is slow?
Encryption & privacy
- Your data won't be saved unless explicitly asked
- Using the virtual keyboard
- Create and use encrypted volumes
- Encrypt, decrypt, sign, and verify text using OpenPGP and Tails OpenPGP Applet
- Securely delete files and clean diskspace using Nautilus Wipe
- Manage passwords using KeePassX