Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.6, is out.
- Upgrade Tor Browser to version 5.0.3 (based on Firefox 38.3.0 ESR).
- Upgrade I2P to version 0.9.22 and enable its AppArmor profile.
There are numerous other changes that might not be apparent in the daily operation of a typical user. Technical details of all the changes are listed in the Changelog.
- Fix several issues related to MAC address spoofing:
- If MAC address spoofing fails on a network interface and this interface cannot be disabled, then all networking is now completely disabled.
- A notification is displayed if MAC address spoofing causes network issues, for example if a network only allows connections from a list of authorized MAC addresses.
See the current list of known issues.
If you have been updating automatically for a while and your Tails does not boot after an automatic upgrade, you can update your Tails manually.
The next Tails release is scheduled for November 3.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.