Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.2, is out.
Notable user-visible changes include:
Major new features
- Install (most of) the Tor Browser, replacing our previous Iceweasel-based browser. The version installed is from TBB 4.0 and is based on Firefox 31.2.0esr. This fixes the POODLE vulnerability.
- Upgrade Tor to 0.2.5.8-rc.
- Confine several important applications with AppArmor.
- Install Linux 3.16-3 (version 3.16.5-1).
- Upgrade I2P to 0.9.15, and isolate I2P traffic from the Tor
Browser by adding a dedicated I2P Browser. Also, start I2P
automatically upon network connection, when the
i2pboot option is added.
- Make it clear that TrueCrypt will be removed in Tails 1.2.1
(#7739), and document how to open TrueCrypt
- Enable VirtualBox guest additions by default (#5730). In particular this enables VirtualBox's display management service.
- Make the OTR status in Pidgin clearer thanks to the formatting toolbar (#7356).
- Upgrade syslinux to 6.03-pre20, which should fix UEFI boot on some hardware.
- Upgrade I2P to 0.9.15, and isolate I2P traffic from the Tor Browser by adding a dedicated I2P Browser. Also, start I2P automatically upon network connection, when the
See the online Changelog for technical details.
Go to the install page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
The next Tails release is scheduled for November 25.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!