Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.2.1, is out.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Upgrade Linux to 3.16.7-1.
- Install Tor Browser 4.0.2 (based on Firefox 31.3.0esr).
- Restore mouse scrolling in KVM/Spice (#7426).
- Suppress excessive (and leaky!) Torbutton logging (#8160).
- Don't break the Unsafe and I2P Browsers after installing incremental upgrades (#8152, #8158).
- External links in various applications should now open properly in the Tor Browser (#8153, #8186).
- Fix clearsigning of text including non-ASCII characters in gpgApplet (#7968).
See the online Changelog for technical details.
If you have enabled the GnuPG keyrings and configuration persistence feature and have upgraded a Tails USB stick or SD card installation to Tails 1.2.1, then please follow these steps to benefit from the updated GnuPG configuration:
Boot Tails with an administration password set.
Run this command in a Root Terminal:
cp /etc/skel/.gnupg/gpg.conf /home/amnesia/.gnupg/gpg.conf
Go to the install page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
The next Tails release is scheduled for January 14.
Have a look at our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!