Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.1.1, is out.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Upgrade the web browser to 24.8.0esr-0+tails1~bpo70+1 (Firefox 24.8.0esr + Iceweasel patches + Torbrowser patches).
- Add an I2P boot parameter. Without adding "i2p" to the kernel command line, I2P will not be accessible for the Live user. I2P was also upgraded to 0.9.14.1-1~deb7u+1, and stricter firewall rules are applied to it, among other security enhancements.
- Upgrade Tor to 0.2.4.23-2~d70.wheezy+1 (fixes CVE-2014-5117).
- Upgrade Linux to 3.14.15-2 (fixes CVE-2014-3534, CVE-2014-4667 and CVE-2014-4943).
- Prevent dhclient from sending the hostname over the network (#7688).
- Override the hostname provided by the DHCP server (#7769).
See the online Changelog for technical details.
Longstanding known issues.
Go to the install page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
The next Tails release is scheduled for October 14.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Do you want to help? There are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!