Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.22.1, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible: this release fixes numerous security issues.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Upgrade the web browser to 24.3.0esr, that fixes a few serious security issues.
- Upgrade the system NSS to 3.14.5, that fixes a few serious security issues.
- Workaround a browser size fingerprinting issue by using small icons in the web browser's navigation toolbar.
- Upgrade Pidgin to 2.10.8, that fixes a number of serious security issues.
- Check for upgrades availability using Tails Upgrader, and propose to apply an incremental upgrade whenever possible.
- Install Linux 3.12 (3.12.6-2).
- Fix the keybindings problem introduced in 0.22.
- Fix the Unsafe Browser problem introduced in 0.22.
- Use IE's icon in Windows camouflage mode.
- Handle some corner cases better in Tails Installer.
- Use the correct browser homepage in Spanish locales.
- Update Torbutton to 126.96.36.199.
- Do not start Tor Browser automatically, but notify when Tor is ready.
- Import latest Tor Browser prefs.
- Many user interface improvements in Tails Upgrader.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
Go to the install page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
The next Tails release is scheduled for March 18.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!