Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.20.1, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible: this release fixes numerous security issues.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Install Tor 0.2.4.17-rc.
- Install Iceweasel 17.0.9esr with Torbrowser patches.
- Install Linux kernel 3.10-3 (version 3.10.11-1).
- Remount persistence devices read-only at shutdown/reboot time (#6228).
- Greeter: display a warning icon on admin password mismatch and on persistence unlocking failure. Thanks to Andres Gomez Ramirez firstname.lastname@example.org for the fix!
- Fix the I2P IRC account.
- Allow installing "Priority: standard" packages that we do not install by default.
- Additional software: point to the system log on upgrade failure.
- Many translation updates all over the place.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
No new known issue but longstanding known issues.
If you have turned on the persistent Pidgin configuration feature, then you have to update the following configuration in Pidgin:
- Activate Use remote DNS with SOCKS4 proxies.
- Choose SOCKS5 as the Proxy type.
- Type 127.0.0.1 as the Host.
- Type 9050 as the Port.
Click on the Close button.
Go to the download page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
The next Tails release is scheduled for around October 29.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!