Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.19, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible: this release fixes numerous security issues.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Linux 3.9.5-1.
- Iceweasel 17.0.7esr + Torbrowser patches.
- Unblock Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, WWAN and WiMAX; block every other type of wireless device.
- Fix write access to boot medium at the block device level.
- tails-greeter l10n-related fixes.
- gpgApplet: partial fix for clipboard emptying after a wrong passphrase was entered.
- Drop GNOME proxy settings.
- Format newly created persistent volumes as ext4.
- GnuPG: don't connect to the keyserver specified by the key owner.
- GnuPG: locate keys only from local keyrings.
- Upgrade live-boot and live-config to the 3.0.x final version from Wheezy.
Localization: many translation updates all over the place.
- Re-enable previously disabled boot device permissions test.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
No new known issue but longstanding known issues.
See the Getting started page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
The next Tails release is scheduled for around August 7.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? There are many ways. If you want to help, come talk to us!