Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.17.2, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Upgrade to Iceweasel 17.0.5esr-0+tails2~bpo60+1.
- Stop displaying obsolete context menu entries ("Open Tor URL" and friends).
- Update Linux to 3.2.41-2.
- Temporarily drop the Rendition display driver.
- Use more reliable OpenPGP keyservers.
- Keep udisks users (GNOME Disk Utility, tails-persistence-setup, etc.) from resetting the system partition's attributes when manipulating the partition table.
- Disable NoScript's HTML5 media click-to-play for better user experience.
- Many updated and new translations all over the place.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
See the Getting started page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
The next Tails release (0.18) is scheduled for May 16.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? As explained in our "how to contribute" documentation, there are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!