Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.16, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Replace the too-easy-to-misclick shutdown button with a better "Shutdown Helper" applet.
~/Persistentin GNOME Places and Gtk file chooser.
- Install dictionaries for a few languages.
- Set Unsafe Browser's window title to "Unsafe Browser".
- Install ekeyd to support the EntropyKey.
- Install font for Sinhala script.
- Update Poedit to 1.5.4.
- Expose Vidalia's "broken onion" icon less.
- Hide the persistence setup launchers in kiosk mode.
- Disable IPv6 on all network interfaces. This is a workaround for the IPv6 link-local multicast leak that was recently discovered.
- Tails may previously have been able to list GPT partitions labelled "TailsData" on hard drives (!) as valid persistence volumes... this is now fixed.
- Fix SCIM in the autostarted web browser.
- Talk of DVD, not of CD, in the shutdown messages.
- Make tordate work in bridge mode with an incorrect clock.
- Update iceweasel to 10.0.12esr-1+tails1.
- Set the homepage to the news section on the Tails website.
- Hide the iceweasel add-on bar by default.
- Don't hide the AdBlock-Plus button in the add-on bar anymore.
- Don't install xul-ext-monkeysphere anymore.
- tails-greeter: add German translation, update Portuguese (Brasil) and Russian ones.
- tails-persistence-setup: update French, German and Italian translations.
Plus the usual bunch of bug reports and minor improvements.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
See the Getting started page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
See the release schedule for Tails 0.17.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? As explained in our "how to contribute" documentation, there are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!