Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.14, is out.
All users must upgrade as soon as possible.
Thank you, and congrats, to everyone who helped make this happen!
Notable user-visible changes include:
- Upgrade to 0.2.3.24-rc
- Enable stream isolation
- Upgrade iceweasel to 10.0.10esr-1+tails1, with anonymity enhancing patches from the TorBrowser applied
- Fix Iceweasel's file associations. No more should you be suggested to open a PDF in the GIMP
- Upgrade Linux to 3.2.32
- Support more than 4GB of RAM
- Support more than one CPU core
- Mostly fix memory wiping at shutdown
- gpgApplet can now handle public-key cryptography
- Add a persistence preset for NetworkManager connections
- Better support setting up persistence on large USB sticks
- Make boot faster by fixing a read-ahead bug
- Make shutdown faster by disabling useless scripts
- Custom software is now translated in many more languages
- Add Japanese input system
Plus the usual bunch of bug reports and minor improvements.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
See the Getting started page.
As no software is ever perfect, we maintain a list of problems that affects the last release of Tails.
Have a look to our roadmap to see where we are heading to.
Would you want to help? As explained in our "how to contribute" documentation, here are many ways you can contribute to Tails. If you want to help, come talk to us!