You can help Tails! The first release candidate for the upcoming version 0.22.1 is out. Please test it and see if it works for you.
Keep in mind that this is a test image. We have made sure that it is not broken in an obvious way, but it might still contain undiscovered issues.
Either try the automatic upgrade, or download the ISO image and its signature:
Verify the ISO image.
These steps allow you to automatically upgrade a device installed with Tails Installer from Tails 0.22 to Tails 0.22.1~rc1.
Start Tails 0.22 and set an administration password.
Run this command in a Root Terminal to select the "alpha" upgrade channel:
echo TAILS_CHANNEL=\"alpha\" >> /etc/os-release
Run this command in a Root Terminal to install the latest version of Tails Upgrader:
echo "deb http://deb.tails.boum.org/ 0.22.1-rc1 main" \ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/tails-0.22-rc1.list && \ sed -i -e '/tor-0.2.4.x-squeeze/ d' \ /etc/apt/sources.list.d/torproject.list && apt-get update && \ apt-get install tails-iuk
Choose Tails Upgrader.to start
Accept Tails Upgrader's proposal to upgrade to Tails 0.22.1~rc1.
Wait while the upgrade is downloaded and applied.
Restart the system when advised to do so.
Once the system is restarted, chooseto confirm that the running system is now Tails 0.22.1~rc1.
- Update NSS to 3.14.5-1~bpo60+1.
- Check for upgrades availability using Tails Upgrader, and propose to apply an incremental upgrade whenever possible.
- Install Linux 3.12 (3.12.6-2).
- Fix the keybindings problem introduced in 0.22.
- Fix the Unsafe Browser problem introduced in 0.22.
- Use IE's icon in Windows camouflage mode.
- Handle some corner cases better in Tails Installer.
- Update Tor Browser to 24.2.0esr-1+tails1.
- Update Torbutton to 18.104.22.168.
- Do not start Tor Browser automatically, but notify when Tor is ready.
- Import latest Tor Browser prefs.
- Many user interface improvements in Tails Upgrader.
See the online Changelog for technical details.
- The memory erasure on shutdown does not work on some hardware.