- Tails 2.9 was cancelled due to CVE-2016-1252.
- Tails 2.9.1 was released on December 14 (minor release).
- Tails 2.10 is scheduled for January 24.
The following changes were introduced in Tails 2.9.1:
- Switch to DuckDuckGo as the default search engine in Tor Browser. The previous default search engine, Disconnect.me, has already been redirecting to Duck Duck Go for some time.
We've had a great sprint about porting Tails to Debian Stretch. Most of our time was spent integrating the new Greeter as well as bug fixing, polishing, and updating the test suite: report from the sprint. Our goal is to publish a first beta version based on Debian Stretch at the end of January.
intrigeri made sure that a number of packages we care about are in good shape for Debian Stretch, that will be frozen very soon.
We wrote manual tests for the Installation Assistant, so we can spot any problems with it before we release new Tails versions.
387 ISO images were automatically built and tested by our continuous integration infrastructure.
We deployed a clone of our Jenkins setup for building and testing ISO images automatically, and improved the corresponding Puppet code to make it possible. This should make it easier for new system administrators to join us.
We continued our donation campaign which brought us about $100 000 in donations. Thanks for your support!
The independent French investigative journal Mediapart has decided to support Tails financially every year. Thank you very much!
We submitted a concept note to OTF for 2017-2018.
We were contacted by private sponsors interested in donating and being recognized as Tails patrons.
- From December 27th to December 30th, we were at 33C3 in Hamburg/Germany.
- We attended the Reproducible Builds Meeting in Berlin.
- We will have a booth at FOSDEM in Brussels.
We talked about maybe implementing a new Tails version scheme.
- de: 56% (3083) strings translated, 5% strings fuzzy, 50% words translated
- fa: 41% (2286) strings translated, 7% strings fuzzy, 46% words translated
- fr: 81% (4464) strings translated, 2% strings fuzzy, 80% words translated
- it: 29% (1620) strings translated, 3% strings fuzzy, 26% words translated
- pt: 28% (1560) strings translated, 7% strings fuzzy, 26% words translated
Total original words: 56525
- de: 83% (1563) strings translated, 9% strings fuzzy, 84% words translated
- fa: 38% (720) strings translated, 9% strings fuzzy, 40% words translated
- fr: 96% (1799) strings translated, 3% strings fuzzy, 96% words translated
- it: 80% (1508) strings translated, 9% strings fuzzy, 79% words translated
- pt: 50% (933) strings translated, 12% strings fuzzy, 50% words translated
Total original words: 17087
- Tails has been started more than 633 242 times this month. This makes 20 427 boots a day on average.
- 15 012 downloads of the OpenPGP signature of Tails ISO from our website.
- 72 bug reports were received through WhisperBack.