The following changes were introduced in Tails 2.4:
We enabled the automatic account configuration of Icedove which discovers the correct parameters to connect to your email provider based on your email address. We improved it to rely only on secure protocol and we are working on sharing these improvements with Mozilla so that users of Thunderbird outside Tails can benefit from them as well.
Remove the preconfigured
#tailsIRC channel. Join us on XMPP instead!
Always display minimize and maximize buttons in titlebars. (#11270)
Remove GNOME Tweak Tool and hledger. You can add them back using the Additional software packages persistence feature.
Use secure HKPS OpenPGP key server in Enigmail.
Harden our firewall by rejecting
RELATEDpackets and restricting Tor to only send
Harden our kernel by:
Update the DRM and Mesa graphical libraries. This should fix recent problems with starting Tails on some hardware. (#11303)
Some printers that stopped working in Tails 2.0 should work again. (#10965)
Enable Packetization Layer Path MTU Discovery for IPv4. This should make the connections to
obfs4Tor bridges more reliable. (#9268)
Remove our custom ciphers and MACs settings for SSH. This should fix connectivity issues with other distributions such as OpenBSD. (#7315)
Fix the translations of Tails Upgrader. (#10221)
Fix displaying the details of a circuit in Onion Circuits when using Tor bridges. (#11195)
GoodCrypto sent more patches to convert our custom bash scripts to Python.
We continued discussing:
How to get rid of the splash screen of Tails Installer and how to propose the alternative between cloning and using an ISO image in the interface.
How to allow editing the configuration of a service in Tails Server.
- Our test suite covers 208 scenarios, 1 more that in May.
- El Rancho Electrónico organizes a series of Tails workshops on July 4, 11, and 18 in Ciudad Monstruo, Mexico.
- de: 54% (2856) strings translated, 2% strings fuzzy, 47% words translated
- fa: 47% (2477) strings translated, 7% strings fuzzy, 54% words translated
- fr: 71% (3715) strings translated, 3% strings fuzzy, 69% words translated
- it: 17% (899) strings translated, 2% strings fuzzy, 17% words translated
- pt: 31% (1644) strings translated, 6% strings fuzzy, 28% words translated
Total original words: 53798
- de: 87% (1581) strings translated, 2% strings fuzzy, 86% words translated
- fa: 40% (729) strings translated, 9% strings fuzzy, 42% words translated
- fr: 84% (1527) strings translated, 4% strings fuzzy, 86% words translated
- it: 49% (885) strings translated, 6% strings fuzzy, 56% words translated
- pt: 55% (1000) strings translated, 9% strings fuzzy, 55% words translated
Total original words: 16515
- Tails has been started more than 554.690 times this month. This makes 18490 boots a day on average.
- 8.174 downloads of the OpenPGP signature of Tails ISO from our website.
- 131 bug reports were received through WhisperBack.