Tails 0.22.1 has been rescheduled to February 4 due to holidays at Mozilla.
- Tails has been started more than 236 579 times in January. This make 7 630 boots a day in average.
- 16 640 downloads of the OpenPGP signature of Tails ISO.
- 112 reports were received through WhisperBack.
- The browser is not open automatically anymore when starting Tails (ticket #5735).
- The website was better locked down except for the Blueprint section.
- Seahorse nautilus 2f76663555975c53689b39258eea1eacdbfeba6a in Tails Wheezy.
- A quick shutdown applet has been written for Tails Wheezy (ticket #5355).
- Tails Upgrader menu launcher was made translatable (ticket #6489).
- Pidgin was updated to 2.10.8 which fixes lots of security issues (ticket #6629).
- A branch with Linux 3.13 was prepared.
Bug and regression fixes:
- The browser resolution not set to a multiple of 200x100 was was workarounded.
- The additional software script doesn't crash anymore if persistence is not mounted.
- The homepage was fixed when starting Tails in Spanish (ticket #6612).
Documentation and website
- A new German team was created with Frithjof, Frau Suk, and Jens Kubieziel.
- Spanish translations were disabled on the website because too few pages were translated.
- Our program of Easy tasks for new contributors was published.
- Icons for the different roles on the Contribute section were drafted.
- Tails Mobile via USB or dual-boot
- Updated plans for AppArmor support
- Risks of enabled/disabled TCP timestamps?
- Usecases for the Cookie Monster browser extension?
- 2.0 milestone += supporting USB devices exposed as non-removable?
- Tor Launcher extension
- Tails logo
- Link to the known issues on the download page?
- We sent our application to sponsor Lima.
- We are still in the process of signing a contract with sponsor Echo.
- We published our income statement for 2013.
- We are organizing the 2014 Tails developers summit.
- A 3-days public Tails sprint will probably take place in Paris in July. Many thanks to Stefano Zacchiroli for his help!
Press and testimonials
- 2014-01-14: On Linux.com, Carla Schroder picks Tails as the best Linux distribution for 2014 in the "Best Fighting the Man Distro" category.
- 2014-01-07: A RAT in the Registry: The Case for Martus on TAILS explains how Benetech have selected Tails to be the default environment for their use of Martus while defending Tibetan human rights defenders against targeted malware attacks.
- 2014-01: "Tails: The Amnesiac Incognito Live System – Privacy for Anyone Anywhere", by Russ McRee, in this month's issue of the Information Systems Security Association Journal.