Agenda

  1. Evaluate our progress especially on these action items:
    • tails-support public mailing list
    • Collect the frequent questions and answers from the old forum in a FAQ on /support/frequently_asked_questions redirected from /support/faq.
    • Keep on harvesting questions & answers from tails-support to feed the FAQ.
  2. firewall exceptions for user-run local services #6333
  3. Activate highlight misspelled words by default in Pidgin #6373
  4. Decide what kind of questions go into the FAQ #6375
  5. Keep auto-login text consoles open? #5588
  6. Broken windows week this month?
  7. Monthly low-hanging fruits or review'n'merge meeting?

Evaluation

Introduction

As decided in the user support "Great plan for now" it is now time to evaluate our progress in this area, especially on these action items:

  • tails-support public mailing list

    We decided to file a ticket for changing the warning for using tails-support more informative and not needlessly scary.

    #6409

  • Collect the frequent questions and answers from the old forum in a FAQ on /support/frequently_asked_questions redirected from /support/faq.

    Ticket #5893 (#5893) has been closed as duplicate and ticket #6409 (#6409) assigned to sjaolida.

  • Keep on harvesting questions & answers from tails-support to feed the FAQ.

Nothing much to say on this. We're sticking to the plan.

Firewall exceptions for user-run local services

Introduction

#6333

Decision

We decided to set it to low priority and research as type of work.

Activate highlight misspelled words by default in Pidgin

Introduction

#6373

Decision

We decided to set it to low priority and research as type of work. Strangely enough the ticket seems to have been removed and is not on Redmine anymore.

Decide what kind of questions go into the FAQ

Introduction

#6375

Decision

We should start to fill up the FAQ and discuss its content with concrete decisions to take. Then we will probably decided on general guidelines for the FAQ. Ticket resolved.

Keep auto-login text consoles open?

Introduction

#5588

Decision

Ticket has been renamed into Do not create auto-login text consoles

Volunteers to handle broken windows this month?

Introduction

Our "broken windows" (https://tails.boum.org/contribute/roadmap/#Broken%20window), are tasks or issues that, ideally,

Our "broken windows" (roadmap) are tasks or issues that, ideally, should have been resolved a while ago, and seeing them still causing problems is demotivating.

We try to spend a week focusing on broken windows each month. Recently, most core contributors have been focusing on broken windows all the time, so we skipped them in practice.

However, if new contributors want to play with us, it may make sense to revive these specific times.

Decisions

Our schedule are full enough, we're already focusing on high-priority stuff, so we won't be focusing on BW.

Monthly low-hanging fruits meeting?

Introduction

Low-hanging fruits meeting: spend a while together on many small tasks that take less than 2 hours each, and are waiting in our TODO list for too long.

During these meetings, we exceptionally allow ourselves to do the review & merge process on IRC instead of the usual email -based workflow, so this should all go pretty smoothly. Then, we report back on tails-dev.

We also use these meetings to review stuff that's waiting in the queue.

Decisions

We'll have one low-hanging fruits meeting in November:

  • Saturday 23 at 10pm CEST