There are many ways you can contribute to Tails. No effort is too small and whatever you bring to this community will be appreciated. So read on to find out how you can make a difference in Tails.
Share your experience
Donating speeds up the development of Tails.
Contribute your language skills
Good writers can make Tails accessible to more people.
Translators can allow more people around the world to use Tails.
Contribute your computer skills
Developer or maintainer
Software people with very diverse skills can improve Tails.
System administrators can contribute to the infrastructure behind Tails.
Table of contents
Tools for contributors
- Source code: Git repositories
- Redmine bug tracker
- Building a Tails image
- APT repositories, to store our custom Debian packages and various snapshots of the upstream APT repositories we use
- Glossary for contributors
Relationship with upstream and derivatives
- Calendar of releases, meetings, working sessions, etc.
- Code of conduct
- Contributors meetings, and minutes from past meetings
- Marking a task as easy
- Document progress
- Reports sent to sponsors
Talk with us
To talk to other Tails contributors, subscribe to our email@example.com mailing list.