Tails system administrators
The Tails system administrators set up and maintain the infrastructure that supports the development and operations of Tails, to:
- make the life of Tails contributors easier
- improve the quality of the Tails releases
- Infrastructure as code
- Free Software
- Relationships with upstream
Infrastructure as code
We want to treat system administration like a (free) software development project.
Infrastructure as code: why?
- enabling people to participate without accounts on our servers
- reviewing changes applied to our systems
- being able to reproduce our systems via automatic deployment
- sharing knowledge with other people
Infrastructure as code: how?
- publish as much as possible of our systems configuration
- manage our whole infrastructure with configuration management tools