Below we define some terms that are used in a somewhat or 100% special meaning within the Tails community.
Feel free to suggest additions or improvements to this page.
- DSA: Debian Security Advisory. See Debian security updates for details and pointers to the Debian security team resources; see http://security.debian.org for already issued advisories.
- Front desk: see the definition of this shifting role
- Greeter: the startup menu, see its source code
- IUK: Incremental Upgrade Kit, see incremental upgrades
- known issues: issues that we are aware of and don't need being reported again, see known issues
- MAT: see Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit
- Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit: tool to clean metadata from plenty of document formats, see MAT's website
- monthly reports: published in the news once a month
- persistence: the opt-in feature that allows storing data and configuration across Tails sessions in an encrypted partition, see persistence
- Release manager: see the definition of this shifting role
- RM: see Release Manager
tails-persistence-setup, AKA the Persistent Volume Assistant.
- WB: see WhisperBack.
- WhisperBack: see 3.5 Feedback in the design document.